Banbridge Ladies HC
Banbridge Ladies Hockey Club was formed in 1947 at the suggestion of the late Mrs. Joan Holton (nee Walker) and the club’s first fixtures were played in the 1948/49 season.
The first President was Miss Meneely who was in charge of hockey at Banbridge Academy. The ladies’ team adopted the colours of Banbridge men and even today still play their matches in Red, Amber and Black.
From these humble beginnings Banbridge Ladies expanded but it wasn’t until the 1970’s that the Club began to take its modern day shape. In 1978 the Seconds team was brought into existence and in the early ’80’s Third and Fourths teams were formed to meet the demand of local interest.
The dedication shown by the first generation of players lay the foundations for the Club, a club that has grown from strength to strength each year.
On 25 June 2012, Banbridge Ladies Hockey Club voted in favour of dissolving the club and fully integrating with Banbridge Hockey Club after considerable deliberation. The 2012/13 season saw ladies play under the Banbridge Hockey Club name for the first time in the clubs history and sit on the Club’s Executive Committee.
A list of people who served Banbridge Ladies Hockey club as its President is below: