EY Finals Weekend Information
4 -5 May 2019, Banbridge Hockey Club
- Entrance to the ground for everyone will be via the tented entrance – players and officials can then make their way to the changing rooms/clubhouse as required.
- Spectators are asked to wear their wristband at all times.
- Access to the grounds and changing rooms will be from 9.00am each morning.
- Entrance prices as per below:-
- Day tickets can be upgraded at the gate to a weekend ticket on Saturday up until 30 minutes after the final whistle of the final game. No upgrades will be permitted after this time or on Sunday.
- Please note that only £ Sterling will be accepted at the gate (there are cash machines at the petrol station situated on the Lurgan Road just a short distance from Havelock Park and at the Outlet shopping centre located on the A1 on the approach to Banbridge from Newry).
- Cash payments only. •
- Spectators are asked to note that alcohol will not be permitted to be brought into the grounds.
- The club reserve the right to refuse admission and to request to see the contents of bags on entrance to the grounds.
- Please note that in Northern Ireland the use of pyrotechnics (i.e. flares, smoke bombs and fireworks) is illegal without a valid licence. •
- Parents and guardians assume responsibility at all times for minors in the ground who are attending with them.
Match times TBC
• An electronic programme will be produced and small number printed copies will be available to purchase at the gate (£1)
- Car parking is limited at Havelock Park and there will be no reserved parking.
- An over flow facility is provided at Banbridge Academy, approx 200m from Havelock Park, on the approach to the club if travelling from the town or past it if travelling from the opposite direction and will be signposted.
- The overflow car park will be locked at 7.30pm each evening.
- Players/officials should build in a transfer time of 10/15 minutes if parking at the Academy grounds.
- A limited number of disabled car park spaces are available within Havelock Park and again they will be operated on a first come first served basis for those cars with the necessary blue badge or equivalent accreditation.
- Buses should make provision to park in a lay-by just outside Banbridge Academy which is around 200 yards from Havelock Park or in the overflow car park at the same location. Buses may drop off at the turning circle in Havelock Park but will not be allowed to park there.
- Police parking cones will be operation on the surrounding roads around Havelock Park and all visitors are asked to comply with the parking parameters indicated by these.
Code of Conduct
• In line with BHC and Ulster Hockey protocols all those attending this event are asked to abide by the Code of Conduct . https://ulsterhockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/UHU-Participant-Code-of-Conduct.pdf
Food & Drink
Hot food and snacks are available from the “Havelock Hut” located on the ground floor within the Clubhouse from 9am each day. Why not try our traditional breakfast bap to start your day?
The coffee dock within the “Havelock Hut” will offer a range of teas and freshly brewed coffees and tray bakes throughout the weekend.
The club bar is located upstairs in the clubhouse.
A tuck shop will operate on the ground floor.
School/Junior Club Group Deals
School/Junior Club Group Meal deals for school groups/junior club trips over 15 in number are also available on both days and again must be booked in advance on or before 29th April. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The clubhouse and lounge will be open on both nights after the games with local live band “Soul Purpose” playing on Saturday evening immediately after the end of the last game. Why not stay on and make a night of it!
There is wifi available within the clubhouse. Access codes can be requested from the clubhouse bar if required.
Toilets & Baby Changing
Male, female and disabled toilets are located upstairs in the clubhouse in the hall area. Additional portaloos will be situated in an area adjacent to the spectator entrance.
Baby changing facilities are available in the disabled toilet located upstairs in the clubhouse.
A paramedic team will be in attendance at the tournament. They will be based in the area behind the team dugouts. If you are in need of assistance please speak to any of the BHC volunteer team in the high vis vests.
A defibrillator is also available in the 1st floor entrance lobby of the Clubhouse.
The spectator areas will be very clearly designated with several zones in operation. Spectators are asked not to stand in front of the stand as this can obstruct the view of those in the stand.
Spectators are also asked to note that there will be restricted access on certain zones around the pitch for logistical purposes
In the event of an emergency please adhere to the information being provided by BHC officials who will manage the incident.
Where to stay?
Hotel accommodation is available at the following hotels via their web links. –
Belmont Hotel, Banbridge www.belmont-hotel.com (1.6 miles)
Downshire Arms Hotel, Banbridge www.downshirearmshotel.com (1.2 miles from BHC)
Bannville House Hotel www.bannvillehouse.co.uk (1.4 miles)
Seagoe Hotel www.seagoe.com (9.9 miles)
For more information on accommodation available see www.discovernorthernireland.com
The BHC office is located downstairs in the clubhouse if you have any specific queries. In addition any member of the BHC Tournament Team in the high vis vests can be approached for information.
A lost property facility will operate from the BHC office on the ground floor of the clubhouse. Any items found or lost should be reported to the BHC officials in this area.
How to get here?
Banbridge Hockey Club is situated within Havelock Park just a short distance from Banbridge town centre on the Lurgan Road.
For visitors from the north and south using the A1 please follow the signs for the airport/Portadown/Craigavon turning onto the Lurgan Road at the big church in Church Square and Havelock Park is approx ½ a mile on the left hand side.
For sat nav purposes the address and post code is:- Banbridge Hockey Club Havelock Park, Lurgan Road, Banbridge, BT32 4LU
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough
• For more information on the Banbridge area see https://visitarmagh.com/banbridge/