BHC COVID OFFICER INFO – Academy
MATCH DAY PROTOCOLS – BANBRIDGE ACADEMY
Prior to Match Day
- The team COVID Rep will inform Julie Sally of the name of the person who will undertake the role of COVID Officer for the match.
- Matches will not be allowed to proceed without a COVID officer being present.
COVID-19 Officers (CVO’s)
- As per Hockey Irelands current ‘Return to Competition’ protocols all CVO responsibilities inside the pitch area will be the umpire’s responsibility.
- The match CVO is responsible for ensuring compliance with all social distancing requirements, including in the dugouts.
- Cooperation with any requests or instructions from the CVO’s is required at all times.
- Our CVO’s are all volunteers and must be treated with respect. Abusive language or refusal to comply with a request from a CVO will not be tolerated.
While at Banbridge Academy
- All current Hockey Ireland ‘Return to Play’ and ‘Return to Competition’ protocols must be adhered to. Please ensure that all players, coaches, team management and umpires are aware of the contents of these documents.
- If applicable, teams must not enter the pitch area until all players and officials from the previous game have exited.
- Only essential team personnel and officials are permitted to enter the pitch area. All other persons travelling with the team must remain outside the fenced area.
- Hand sanitisers are provided on entry. Hands must be sanitised on entry to the pitch.
- Social distancing must be observed when not on the pitch.
- Dug outs are available for use, however social distancing must be observed. They must not be used to store kits bags and belongings.
- Kit bags, (if not left in cars) should be left along the inside of the pitch fence, adjacent to the dugout.
- The team captain / COVID Rep must sanitise the dugouts, goal posts and any touch points following the match.
- Teams must exit the pitch promptly on completion of the match.
- Spectators are not permitted inside the fenced area.
Match Day COVID Supervisor Checklist – Banbridge Academy
Before players arrive
☐ Arrive promptly at the time provided to you
☐ Ensure entrance gate is fully open
☐ Hi Vis vest on
☐ You will have been provided with hand sanitiser
During the session
☐ Administer hand sanitisor to everyone on entry
☐ Remind those entering of the need to practice social distancing at all times.
☐ Only player’s, coaches and officials are permitted entry to the pitch. Children or spectators are not permitted inside the fence.
☐ Ensure players belongings are placed adjacent to the dugouts (if not left in cars).
☐ Ensure social distancing is being adhered to in the dugout
☐ Observe the session to ensure the protocols are being adhered to
Note: With the exception of the dugouts the umpires are responsible for enforcing COVID protocols within the pitch area
After the session
☐ Ensure that the team management / coaches sanitise the dugouts, goals and all other relevant touch points following the match
☐ Ensure the teams leave the pitch promptly to allow the teams for the next game to enter the pitch. Teams for the next game must not enter the pitch until all personnel and officials from the previous game have exited the pitch area.
☐ The COVID officer must remain at the ground until all players and official from their match have left the ground.
Most importantly please challenge and correct all behaviour in breach of the clubs COVID-19 protocols – you have the authority to do so!