To all Banbridge Hockey Club members
Welcome to 2021 and what we hope will be a better year for everyone. With the ongoing nature of the Covid-19 restrictions, we wanted to assure members that work on behalf of and at the club is continuing during these challenging and difficult times with no hockey being played.
The Club’s Executive Committee continues to meet regularly via remote means and have been actively progressing a number of items to ensure Banbridge Hockey Club comes through this in the best possible shape for a return to normal hockey club activity. The main aspects of work to date are detailed below:-
- regular checks of the clubhouse and its statutory services
- ongoing maintenance on the pitch and surrounding areas
- application for relevant grants/funding streams to provide critical financial support for the Club during the pandemic
- ongoing consultation with Ulster Hockey and Hockey Ireland on return to hockey protocols
- establishment of the on-line BHC shop in partnership with Donaghys for the sale of Canterbury and BHC branded off-pitch clothing
- liaison with BHC coaches on return to hockey plans
Thank you to all who supported the Club’s current Soccer Buster competition and to Sam Farson for managing this, as of last week it is down to the last 3, good luck to the finalists.
When a winner is decided a new Soccer Buster competition may start later this month. Please do support the Club with this and any other online fundraising events.
We all look forward to the return to playing hockey this year. The way ahead however is still very unclear as you will appreciate and as soon as we have more definitive detail on this, as we engage with Ulster Hockey/Hockey Ireland, we will advise accordingly.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
BHC Executive Committee